Harewood Pace Run – Sunday 27 February 2005 at 09:00
(for more detail on each of these topics, click General Information)
- DIRECTIONS - Turn into the Harewood Estate at the traffic lights, go under the arch, the car park is on the right.
- CAR PARKING - The Pace Run will run through the field being used for the Car Park. Please park as directed so as not to obstruct the route. Please do not park in Harewood Village or on Church Lane or near the Village Hall.
- FACILITIES - Harewood Village Hall is 200 yards from the Car Park Field and is being used for administration and refreshments.
- ASSEMBLY - at 08:55 in the corner of the Car Park Field nearest the Village Hall.
- ROAD CROSSING - we cross the Harewood main drive at the start of each lap, please not not cross without permission from the marshals
- ROUTE - SUMMARY - 2 laps, each 8¼ miles, of which 3 miles are tarmac, 5 miles good footpaths, one poor section of 250 yards, take particular care as instructed by your pacers
- THE PACE - 5 pace groups, at 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, and 11-minute miling
- GATES - certain gates must be shut after passing through, these will be marked with yellow arrows
- CATTLE GRIDS - there are 2 cattle grids, each has a pedestrian gate - you must use the gate, not cross the grid
- DEER - there is a deer park between 7.5 and 8 miles. The stags are a lot heavier and of lower intelligence than the average runner. In the rare event that one heads for you, please take avoidance action
- INJURIES AND EMERGENCIES - at least one runner in each pace group will have a mobile phone with contact to St John Ambulance and the Harewood Estate Office.
- HAREWOOD HOUSE -The grounds, bird garden and "Walking with Beasts" exhibition open at 10:00. Discounts are available.
- VALLEY STRIDERS - Valley Striders will be navigating for Runners World pacers and providing a backmarker for each group with mobile phone and to shut gates
- LINEHAM FARM CHILDREN’S CENTRE - volunteers will be providing the refreshments. They are Striders chosen charity. Please make an additional donation if possible
Follow these links for more information