Food on 3 Dec
Food will be served at 7:10pm, choose from
(a) Shepherd’s Pie with carrots and peas
(b) Veg Bo Peep Pie with carrots and peas
(c) Yorkshire Pudding with sausage & mash, carrots and peas
Please order to email@example.com (don’t reply to the juniors email address). Please place orders by Sunday 1 December 10pm and pay on the night, £3 per portion.
If you need to cancel, do so by Monday 2 December 9am or else you are liable to pay (unless you let us know and we can re-sell your portion(s)
Training on 3 Dec
If, due to the weather and conditions on the rugby pitches, we have to reduce training again, we will be using the same rule as this week i.e. those who’ve run at any of Eccup, Peco, Kirkstall, WYXC plus all those booked for food.
Please check the Events Page on the website on Tuesday lunchtime. We will also post on Facebook and try to send an email to everyone, but we have been having difficulty sending to Hotmail accounts.
The weather forecast is for 5 dry days so hopefully we won’t have to implement this.
If we get any more partial cancellations we will be looking for a method whereby everyone gets at least 1 week in 2, suggestions welcome!
These races will be at Lightwater Valley on Saturday 4 January. We had 6 runners a year ago but only one entered so far this year. Minimum age is 11 on race day. Entries need to be in by next Tuesday evening (3 December). Please email back if interested.
Amongst the 217 primary school runners were 33 V S juniors plus 14 on the waiting list.
Amongst the 133 secondary school runners were 19 V S Juniors.
Results can be found at http://pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race1.html .
There are also a few pictures posted in the V S Juniors FB Group by Peter Johnstone, well he said “a few” but actually there are 143. I think it highly likely that there will be at least one picture of every junior Strider who was wearing a club vest. Peter, thank you!
In the seniors’ event, VS men were 1st in the men’s premier division and VS women were 4th in thw women’s premier division
The next event in the Series is on 15 December at Middleton Park.
– If you’ve already entered the series and ran event 1, then you don’t need to enter again, but do remember to bring your race number
– If you’ve already entered the series but didn’t run event 1, then your number will be in the club gazebo on race day
– If you’ve not yet entered the series, you can enter at https://racebest.com/races/aa3qk and it is still good value to get a season ticket (£6) rather than pay £4 for your first race and £1.50 thereafter (your number will be at the gazebo on race day)
Junior awards were presented on Tuesday evening for the 6 months from 1 March 2019 to 31 August 2019. Congratulations to:
– Best age graded performance by a VS junior at parkrun or junior parkrun – Alannah Thornton 78.7%
– Best age graded performance by a VS boy at parkrun or junior parkrun – Alfie Jones 76.9%
– Pat Umpleby Cup for girls for participation (training, parkruns and races) – Mary Venning
– Bob Jackson Cup for boys for participation (training, parkruns and races) – Edward Nabozny