Well done to the 20 Striders who managed to complete 8 or more Grand Prix events during 2020. With the race calendar cancelled since March this has only been possible through the on going quarterly club handicap races, my particular thanks to Sue Sunderland for organising and collating the results of these, and the virtual races which many Striders have submitted during the year.
- Jonathan Young 782 – overall winner, Group A winner and first Senior Male
- James Tarran 774 – first M45
- John Shanks 769 – Group B winner, first M35
- Myra Jones 740 – first F35 and ladies champion
- Amanda Spencer 736 – Group D winner, first F45
- Vernon Long 732 – Group C winner
- Sue Sunderland 682 – first F55
- Chris Sawyer 674 – first M55
- Alan Hutchinson 634 – Group E winner
- Pascale Fotherby 579 – Group F winner
Congratulations to all winners (including myself!). The winners of groups B-F will all be promoted to the next group up.
Each winner is entitled to a free Valley Striders Grand Prix 2020 T shirt or running vest and I will email you with sizes so I can place your orders. If you have run 8 or more Grand Prix events and are interested in purchasing a T shirt or vest please email me email@example.com and I will let you know costs.
I will put a separate post on the website and FB page regarding the Grand Prix 2021.
Click here to view the final results in full on our *new* Grand Prix page. Look out for the latest points updates here throughout the year.