- This event has a Run Britain / England Athletics permit 2019-36270
- The venue is Leodiensian Club, Crag Lane, off King Lane, LS17 5PR
- Entries were open via the Racebest entries & results website at £3 but closed Monday 20th May at 12 noon.
Valley Striders members should use discount code “VSJ” to enter for free
- The races are not full so we will take entries on the day at a price of £6
- Please arrive in plenty of time!
- Keep an eye on this page for updates and announcements!
RACE DISTANCES AND AGES
There will be 3 distances, and we may split each of these into 2 races
- approx. 1 km for school years 3-4 – girls at 6:30pm, boys at 6:40pm
- (children in year 2 may enter provided their parent is confident that they can run the distance and takes responsibility for checking their child’s progress around the race route)
- approx. 2 km for school years 5-6 – merged girls and boys race at 7pm
(but if a large number of competitors we will have separate races – girls at 6:50pm, boys at 7:05pm)
- approx. 3 km for school years 7-11 – merged girls and boys race at 7:20pm
(but if a large number of competitors we will have separate races – girls at 7:20pm, boys at 7:40pm)
- note that for prizes there are 2 age groups – yrs 7-8 and yrs 9-11
COURSE MAP (CONFIRMED)
INFORMATION FOR OUR RACE MARSHALS
Please click here.
MEMENTOS AND PRIZES
There will be a medal for every finisher.
The winning boy and winning girl in each age category will receive a trophy (8 trophies in total).
Lineham Farm Children’s Centre is our club’s favourite charity which we have supported since 2000 and for which we have raised over £35,000 from our Meanwood Trail and Harewood Trail races. Donations on the night are gratefully received, and, if possible, please fill in one of the gift aid forms provided so tax can be reclaimed.
For information about Lineham Farm, click here
Our races are insured by Run Britain.
Looking for the perfect partner to your running training? www.runbritain.com is the hub of your running training with race information, online entry, an active and supportive running community, hundreds of running articles and much more…
Previous years’ results can be found at our website archive.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
Q. Has my entry been received?
A. There will be a full list of registrations on the Racebest website
Q. How do I get to the race?
A. Postcode is LS17 5PR, detailed directions on here .
Q. And parking?
A. There will be space for most people around the clubhouse. If you’re late and the car park is full, please find on-street parking, it takes just 3 minutes to walk down the drive. (But please don’t park on King Lane and please don’t park in front of the shops or restaurant and please don’t block the drives/access of the local residents).
Q. How do I get my race number?
A. All race numbers are to be picked up on the day from race HQ. There will be queues / desks by surname – probably A to I, J to P, Q to-Z
Q. Do I need to bring ID?
A. No, we will just need your name, we will have everything sorted in surname order. But it is important that parents, not children, collect the numbers as we need to check that the phone number you have provided with your entry is the phone you have with you on the day.
Q. Will entries be accepted on the day?
A. Yes, at a cost of £6. There will be a separate queues / desks for entries on the day – one for each distance 1k (years 2-4), 2k (years 5-6), 3k (years 7-11).
Q. How do I make a charity donation?
A. There will be collection buckets in the club house for our chosen charity, Lineham Farm Children’s Centre. If you are making a large-ish donation please ask at the desk for a form so that Gift Aid can be reclaimed.
Q. What sort of shoes should I wear?
A. All the route is fields and footpaths. Trail or fell shoes are recommended. Studded road shoes should be OK. We do not advise spikes as there are stony sections and woodland sections with tree routes.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
Don’t hesitate to email us and we’ll get back to you soon!