Subject: Happy new V S year - V S Membership renewals for the year starting 1 September 2015
Hello everyone and happy new Valley Striders year which started on 1 September.
Unfortunately this now means that your membership subscriptions are due, and this applies to everyone except
· Adult runners who have paid £29 or more in the last 3 months
· Junior runners who have paid £15 or more in the last 3 months
· The above are considered already fully paid to 31 August 2016
This email also does not apply to prospective new members who haven’t yet paid anything, they should click here http://www.valleystriders.org.uk/membershiprates.htm
Also there is a separate scheme for cycling membership which is detailed at the end of this email.
The membership fee for runners consists of two components –
· a club membership of £15 which applies to everyone (note that of this we forward £7.50 per member to Leos for use of their facilities) (this is payable whether or not you use Leos),
· England Athletics affiliation fee which we pay on your behalf. The EA year starts on 1 April and we have already paid your fee for 1 April 2015, but we are now collecting your EA fee for 1 April 2016 which we expect to be £14. This component applies to all adults, and to juniors who intend to compete in West Yorkshire XC, Yorkshire XC, Northern XC or National XC.
So the renewal fee is £29 for adults and junior competitive members and £15 for all other juniors.
You will note that the adult fee has gone up from £25 which seems a large rise. But in fact the EA fee on 1 April 2015 was £12, so you should have paid £27 last year, but we decided at the 2014 AGM to hold the fee at £25. The Valley Striders / Leos component has remained unchanged. There is no change to the junior fee.
Payment details are as follows - Sort Code: 53-70-00, A/c Number: 72143878 (the account name is “AC Membership”).
Please put your name in the reference! We have recently had a payment that just said “membership fee” and another that just said “S L J” but we don’t have anyone with these initials, so please save us the detective work and put your full name in. Also please pay into the above account, not to the “main” Valley Striders account nor to the new Payments account that you may have used recently for hoodies, BBQ or race entry fees.
Or send a cheque, payable to “Valley Striders” to Tom Button, 36 Kingsway Court, Leeds, LS17 6SS
We hope you decide to renew.
Please note that if you a runner who is also a member of the cycling section, there is now an additional payment of £5 to be made to VSCC. For your information, below is the announcement pertaining to cycling:
Cycling Membership Fees
With effect from 1 September 2015, we have moved VSCC membership onto the British Cycling website club manager tool. The advantage of this that it allows you to pay online, and also means we will no longer have to deal with processing membership forms as you can enter your details directly using your computer. Another advantage is that everyone will get one year’s membership from the date they join, without having to worry about partial years.
VSCC have three levels of membership available:-
· Adult cycling membership which is £15 per year (plus a £1 administration fee), this membership is applicable to all members who are 16 and over and who are not also running club members. Acceptance into the club using this route is automatic
· Junior membership is available to under 16s and costs a £1 per year plus £1 administration fee. Acceptance is not automatic, and is subject to checking age and parental membership
· Adult VSAC cycling membership is available to members of the running club who are 16 and over and costs £5 per year plus £1 administration fee. Acceptance is not automatic, and is subject to checking your VSAC membership is current.
Most club members have their membership expiring on 31 August 2015; to renew please use the “Join our club” option on this page of the British Cycling website. If you are one of the members whose membership runs through to 31 August 2016, you don’t need to do anything.