Sent: 02 November 2007 00:26
Subject: V S Update - Pie and peas, Grand Prix races, Cross country races, Track training, CRB, George Black
Reminder for Pie and Peas (and Apple Pie too)
Please book by email, stating whether meat or vegetarian pie, whether mushy peas or baked beans, and whether you would like apple pie with cream or ice cream. The apple pie is £1 extra and optional, i.e. if you only want the main course, just say “no apple pie”.
Bookings by Sunday 4 November 10pm – will be confirmed. Late bookings by Monday 5 November 2pm text to 0777 5898 558 – no confirmation! Even later bookings, you take your chance!
During and/or after the food we’ll be discussing V S shirts and logos and Tuesday track training.
Final Grand Prix Races of 2007
The remaining Grand Prix races are
November 10:30 – Guy Fawkes 10 – from
Saturday 10 November 08:00 – Burley Bridge Hike – approx 20 miles on and around Ilkley Moor – undulating. Normally takes entries on the day.
November 13:45 and 14:15 – West Yorks Cross Country 3 at
Sunday 25 November 09:30 – Abbey Dash 10k – when I last looked they were still taking entries – enter online at www.helptheaged.org.uk – they don’t charge any extra. Closing date 9 November. No undulations except the run up the Headrow at the end
Final Cross Country Races of 2007
Sunday 11 November at Woodkirk (3 more marshals needed please)
- Race Date & Time: Sunday 11th November, start time 11.00am.
- Race Location: The race HQ will be alongside Shaw Cross
- Directions: M62 junc 28, take main road signposted Dewsbury A653 & travel 3 miles to Shaw Cross, ground on main road on right, club house 100 yards up the road on the right
- Car Parking: All parking will be on road: please park legally, and with consideration for local residents
- Registration: Registration will be from 10.00 – 10.45am.
- The Course: The course will be the same as last year: approximately 5 miles long, undulating with a short section on tarmac. Not suitable for spikes.
- After The Race: Changing and showering facilities, race results and food will all be provided at Shaw Cross Rugby Club
Saturday 17 November at Knavesmire,
Sunday 2 December at
Sunday 23 December at Ackworth
Details of 2008 races in next V S Update
Track Training at Carnegie
There were just over 30 Striders there for the trial session on Tuesday, thank you to all who came to try it out, you were all brave and they didn’t dim the floodlights! Thanks to Geoff and Sylvia for starting and timekeeping.
The session was voted a success and the next sessions will be November 13 and December 11.
We’ll discuss the format of the session at the pie and peas on 6 November, and I’ll publish the outcome late next week.
You do need to fill in a form even if you are CRB approved elsewhere.
in section B should be UK Athletics Limited, Athletics House,
Section X should always have a cross against “Volunteer”
The form will need to be verified by myself or Geoff Webster
should be sent back to UK Athletics, Athletics Welfare,
Message from George Black
Hi Bob, Managed to get out for a run with Paul and his group
on Thursday and Sunday but have now returned home. My grandson's birthday did
not coincide with the AGM this year but perhaps next year. I have begun a
gentle build up for my April marathon at Lochaber,