Subject: V S Weekly Update - sessions this week including fell session and lasagne, race results / performance database, Paul White would like your money
Sent: 02 December 2012 19:06
After the mid-week update, not quite so much to tell you …
Sessions this week
Tuesday 4 Dec
· Kathy's Run Leeds beginners/improvers/juniors group meet Leos 6:00pm for training session (new starters welcome!) click for more info
· Grace's intermediates group meet Leos 7:00pm for session to be agreed (18yrs+ and 30 min or better for 5k)
· Simon's monthly fell group meet 6:45pm at Wike gate (on A61) at edge of the Harewood estate for hills by headtorch. Timed out and back reps finishing in time for lasagne at Leos. Park on Wike Lane Streetmap link - take care crossing main road
· Club speed session meet Leos 7:00pm for 3 by 10 minutes at High Ashes
Lasagne / Grand Prix 2013 meeting
The Tuesday sessions will be followed by lasagne at 8:20pm - book at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10pm Sunday, choosing meat or veggie lasagne, and whether you want apple pie. We will also be holding a meeting to discuss races for 2013 Grand Prix, so if you have a favourite race that you think should be included, come to the meeting.
If you’re reading this on Monday morning and haven’t booked lasagne, check on the website whether the deadline has been extended. And/or come along early on Tuesday and see if there are any cancellations.
Thursday 6 Dec
· Valley Striders meet Scott Hall 6:45pm for steady 7 miles at 8 to 9 minute mile pace (with stops)
· Kathy's Thursday group meet Scott Hall 6:45pm - click for location and more info
Note that Kathy’s Thursday group enjoyed Roundhay so much last week that they have now decided to alternate between Scott Hall and Roundhay, so it’s Scott Hall 1st & 3rd Thursdays, Roundhay 2nd & 4th.
Race Results / Performance Database
Graham Jones has been collecting all the race results for the year and we’re trying to get the Performance Database up-to-date ready for presentations of certificates on 14 December.
Please check the following link www.valleystriders.org.uk/Races2012.xls which lists 1,799 race results (to 30 November) in alphabetical order - and let me know if we’ve missed any. NB only races naming a distance are included.
Paul White would like your money …
… if you owe for Leeds Country Way, West Yorks XC, membership fees, or Xmas Do
You can pay by cheque (payable to Valley Striders) to 17 Whinmoor Court, Red Hall, Leeds LS14 1NX. Alternatively you can make an internet banking payment to Sort Code: xx-xx-xx, Account Number: aaaaaaaa, please include your name in the reference, and ideally also indicate what you’re paying for.
· Leeds Country Way was £9.50 (I think)
· West Yorks XC was £10
· Membership is £25 for new members, £20 for renewals, £3 for juniors
· Xmas do is £10. Friday 14 December 7:30 pm at Leos – book by Friday 7 December at email@example.com saying whether you want carnivore, veggie or half'n'half To check your booking go to www.valleystriders.org.uk, click “For Club Members” and “London & Xmas”
If you do use internet payment, I apologise that you won’t get immediate acknowledgement. The bank does not give us online access (even for statement enquiry) – something to do with us being an association and needing two signatures for authorisation, strange but true!