Subject: V S Update - Yorkshire bronze for Myra, Leeds Race Series, Curry, Peco Relays, Heptonstall, Looking ahead
Sent: 14 March 2014 00:19
Yorkshire Bronze Medal
Congratulations to Myra Jones, 3rd W in the Spen 20 last Sunday!
Coming Up for the rest of March
Northern Road Relays
Good luck to the VS Womens’ team competing at Manchester on Saturday!
Roundhay Parkruns Saturdays 15/22/29 March
Note that these are in the Leeds Race Series and also in the Leeds Junior Race Series for school years 10 to 12.
LRS and LJRS are both free to enter, see www.leedsathletics.net for details.
Roundhay Junior Parkruns Sundays 16/23/30 March
Note that these are in the Leeds Junior Race series for school years 1 to 9. See above
Tuesday 18 March Training and Food
All sessions at Leos followed by curry
Curry at 7:15pm - book at email@example.com before 10pm Sunday 16 Mar, choosing meat or veggie curry, and whether you want apple pie
Curry at 8:30pm - book at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10pm Sunday 16 Mar, choosing meat or veggie curry, and whether you want apple pie
Peco relays Sunday 23 March
We need to arrange teams by Tuesday 18 March at the latest. Email email@example.com if you’d like to run. We will then pick a V S Senior “A” Team according to the criteria below and then assemble the rest of the runners into teams. Similarly for junior teams. For list of names so far see www.valleystriders.org.uk/vsteams.htm
· The Club Team race will be between a single team selected by each club. This team must contain at least 1 Lady and at least 1 Vet (40+) and no more than 1 Male under 40. This race is open to all PECO and WYWL clubs.
· In addition, there will be prizes for the first ‘other’ teams in each of the following categories: M Open, M Vets (40+), M SuperVets (50+), F Open, F Vets (40+), F SuperVets (50+) and ‘Mixed’ (at least 1 F per team)
· There will also be a 3 x 1.5 mile-ish relay for Juniors (aged 8 – 16). Teams must contain at least 1 U11 and at least 1 U13. Prizes for the first Boys, Girls and ‘Mixed’ teams.
· After the presentation of prizes for this race, we will hold the PECO XC League Presentations at Barnbow Social Club. These will start at 1.30pm with the Juniors, and continue with the Seniors at 2.00pm. This should allow for those who are racing elsewhere on this date to get there in time.
· Full details at http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/relay.html
Heptonstall Fell Race Saturday 29 March
This is in the V S Fell Championships. 15.4 miles, 966m ascent, a long category B fell race taking a variety of woodland paths, upland trails and moorland (much nicer terrain than the nearby Trogs!) £6.00 entry on the day (Kit requirements: full waterproof body cover, hat, gloves, map, compass, whistle, emergency food). Registration: The Cross Inn, Town Gate, Heptonstall from 9:30 am onwards. See VS fell email list for lift shares etc.
Looking Ahead – Save the Dates
Tuesday 8 April
Throughout summer, the 6pm sessions on the second Tuesday in the month will be at the Grammar School at Leeds. 7pm 2nd Tuesday will remain at Leeds Met.
Saturday 12 April – Meanwood Trail Race and Junior Races
We will be allocating people to marshalling positions about 10 days before the race.
Tuesday 29 April – V S Junior Mile and V S Spring Handicap
Save the date! Both races will start on the path by Eccup Reservoir. Followed by food at Leos.
We’ll present Performance Certificates for 2013 that evening. Check http://valleystriders.org.uk/VSPerfsByName.xls to see whether all your races have been included and whether you have won an award.
Saturday 3 May – Roundhay parkrun organised by V S
Many of you were involved when we took over Leeds (Woodhouse Moor) parkrun last August.
We will be “taking over” the Roundhay parkrun on 3rd May. We’ll need about 12 people to marshal and do the finishing admin. And a few more to be pacers. More information to follow.
Saturday 17 May – parkrun mobrun at Roundhay
The parkrun mobrun is an annual event, in 2012 it was at Woodhouse Moor, in 2013 at Templenewsam and for 2014 it will be at Roundhay.
The competition is simply to be the club with the most runners. In 2012 we were 2nd and in 2013 we won, we had 41 finishers! Can we get 50 on 17 May at Roundhay?
NB this is likely to be in the V S Grand Prix (to replace Wetherby 10k that clashes with Leeds Country Way)
34 Franco Pardini 2:20:12
56 Ian Sanderson 2:28:08
57 Myra Jones 2:28:13 3rd W
105 Alistair Smyth 2:40:00
167 Malcolm Coles 2:56:50 1st M70
East Hull 20
7 Andy May 2:01:13 1st M35
16 Dave Penman 2:06:52
38 Kevin McMullan 2:15:56 4th M45
39 James Tarran 2:15:57 5th M45
80 Andy Bell 2:27:33
81 Hannah Corne 2:27:33 6th W
140 Mike Robins 2:39:35
153 Sean Fitzgerald 2:42:46
156 Andy Pagdin 2:43:34
229 Sarah Harper 3:00:18
263 John Shanks 3:07:28