Fell Championship 2014 Rules
Updated 22 Jan 14
2014 fell champs includes 15 races (5S, 5M and 5L as usual), but new rules will make it easier for anyone running fell races regularly to qualify. This year the races are:
Should be something for everyone.
- 5 Shorts: 3 popular local races (Ilkely – note entries already open, Jack Bloor, Chevin, the Yorkshire Champs on Great Whernside) and a final race of the season: Harriers vs Cyclists, which is also in the Grand-Prix, it only counts if you run!
- 5 Mediums: The local Stanbury Splash (already run with Mick Loftus & Holly in the lead), the local Rombalds, the less local but lovely Settle hills, the Wadsworth Trog (for anyone that can’t manage a year with at least half a Trog) and a trip to the Lakes for the Fairfield horseshoe (plans to make this a camping+pub w/e for many I think).
- 5 Longs: Heptonstall (a ‘short’ & friendly local to start), the 60th 3 peaks (entries open 1 Feb if I have done the sums right), the Wharfedale marathon (or half), Sedbergh hills (enter quick, it’s in the English Championships) and a final trip to the Lakes for the Langdale horseshoe. (another ‘short’ long, but a wee bit steeper than Heptonstall).
For race calendar, click here
- Best 5 races to count
- Any FRA race to count, but bonus of 5% for running nominated races. For non-nominated races participants to notify league compiler (Steve Webb of race, date, length, category, winner’s time their time) if they wish to claim points,
- Existing factors of 1.1 for A and 0.9 for C category to apply to score
- Deduction of 10 points from total if missing one of the S, M, L categories?
- Deduction of further 10 points from total if missing two of the S, M, L categories?