All first claim members are automatically included in our Grand Prix, which runs from each December to the following November, with prize winners given out at the Christmas party. There are over 20 nominated events each year where you can pick up points, over a variety of distances and terrains, with your best 8 performances to count. With categories based upon both ability and age group, there is something for everyone!
The Grand Prix aims to:
- encourage club members to participate in a variety of local and key events during the year
- encourage club members to participate in different types of running – road, cross-country, trail, fell
- create friendly rivalry through the award of points which accumulate over events to produce a performance score at the end of the year
- encourage a good turn out of club members at these events raising prospects for improving club team placings
- create a sense of comradeship at events
- encourage improvement in personal performances
In addition to the nominated races, all half-marathons, marathons and ultra-marathons are eligible for points, so remember to email us your results for them to count!